Sunday, January 3, 2010

Elusive Muse.

Happy 2010! First post of the New Year.

I have been enjoying time off from the company. Not going to lie. Being lazy for about two weeks now has been very enjoyable. I was semi-productive and decided to take a master class last wednesday. It was good for me to take a class taught in a completely different style than i have been use too. I got some good corrections that i don't normally get. It's important, i think, to go out and experience as many different teachers/classes as a dancer. It refreshes the way you think of certain steps and forces you to learn a different style/technique. Each teacher has their own way of moving and putting steps together so you can't just go into robot mode. I was very sore after the 3 hour event, but i'm glad i got to do it.

On Monday i'm back to my company because, like good little ballerinas, we decided to give ourselves class so we aren't completely out of shape come mid-feb. Our director would be proud! It's only for a week and then i'm off to Miami, South Beach with booba for our winter getaway we save up for every year. I'm very excited to sit on a white beach with blue water drinking fishbowl size cocktails. Yum.

To finish up this post i would like to point out that Netflixs is awesome, once again. I have been watching ballet documentaries and it has been very enlightening for me as a performer. Suzanne Farrell: Elusive Muse , is the one i just finised. I never really knew her whole story and romance with Mr. B and how it really affected her career. I highly suggest it.

I'm currently watching :Etoiles: Dancers of the Paris Opera Ballet. Im enjoying it so far. I didn't realize how much contemporary work the company does. Anyway, if you get a chance check these both out. I will prob. be adding more later.

Class and teaching Monday!
Happy Sunday everyone <3

~Sara~

No comments: