Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Love the Earth

Happy Earth Day!

Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries every year. This date is Spring in the Northern Hemisphere and Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.

Off to class and rehearsal today for our Wine Tasting fundraiser in May. Two couples will be learning a pas de duex from Midsummer Nights Dreams choreographed by our director. Since a lot of company memebers went home already it will be my partner another girl and guy. It should be fun to work closely with each other instead of a big group.

Don't know if i mentioned it or not, but i will be dancing at a wedding for a friend of my directors. She wanted a pointe dancer to dance during the actual ceremony. I met with her last week to check out the space and discuss what she was looking for. So looks like i will be dancing in pointe shoes on carpet for 5min. It's going to be a challenge for me to pull off a 5min solo (that's a LONG time) and to pull off not slipping on the carpet in my shoes. But, the extra money will be nice and being able to perform always makes me happy.

Not dancing as much these days has really made me aware of how much my body needs movement. After a few days of not taking class my body hurts and feels restless. It's amazing how just one class can make everything feel better. At the same time it is good to rest my muscles before the new season.

I'm going to see Third Eye Blind tonight with my best friend from high school that i haven't seen in about three years. I'm very excited. :)
Have a great day!

ps this past weekend Booba and i went to Longwood Gardens for the first time. It was just stunning. So many beautiful flowers and fountains. We def. will be returning.
This was my ode to swan lake at one of the ponds in Longwood Gardens :) :

2 comments:

An American in Croatia said...

Look at that perfect right angle! That's interesting about the wedding. I've never heard of something like that but I think it will be beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I wish my body liked to move, too. It tends to love being horizontal to the ground, motionless, lol.