Thursday, July 16, 2009

summer time in the city

picture i took from sleeping beauty. i teach these little ladies arts and crafts this summer. they are so sweet.

Camp: 1 and 1/2 weeks in counting left!

It felt like this summers camp really flew by! Here i am a week and a half away from enjoying some short time off before going back into the season. I have to say i am a little nervous about how things are going to go this year. I recently had a conversation with someone who brought to my attention that things were looking a little grim as far as booking for next year. We will be doing Midsummer Nightsdream in September and possibly Dracula, but as far as the rest of the season things are up in the air. It makes me a little nervous to think that this season will end short and i will be stuck without a dancing job. I've already started to think about guesting at studios for their nutcrackrs as a backup plan. I was asked last year to do sugarplum by a friend at their studio, but i was too busy with our nutcracker at the time. Maybe this year will be my opportunity to take her up on the offer! It's good to have a plan b when it comes to the dance world anyway. Things are never 100% secure. All i can do right now is just seeing how things go with the company and enjoy performing while I can. I wish i could extend our careers longer, but our bodies decide otherwise!
Be safe.
~Sara~

No comments: