Thursday, February 10, 2011

One day away!


It's hard to believe that we are on stage this coming Saturday. During Nutcracker we rehearsed for about 3 or 4 weeks. Those rehearsals become more like a relearning and perfecting process since the steps are already in my body. In this next production I am really going to need to focus and concentrate to get the movements right. My body doesn't have the choreography completely set just yet. (considering we just finished the one modern piece today) I will really have to pull things together tommorow for our final runs. It's so bizzare to be on flat shoes more than pointe for these productions, but my feet haven't been complaining!

I'm excited. I have that lump in my throat not just from nerves, but from getting to perform a piece that requires you to push your body through drops to the floor and contractions. They aren't 'pretty' movements, but they are raw and show true emotion digging from the gut of your stomach. We were told by the choreographer to work off of breath. To let each movement have a rise and fall. We had to make the steps look effortless and she actually told us to mark and be off balance. Off balance?! Telling that to a ballerina is even more challenging than telling them to roll on the ground. I think in the long run we will pull it off the best we can. We shall see. These are the final hours!!

My best to you all,
~Sara~

No comments: