Friday, December 17, 2010

Evaluations.


I can't believe we wrap up Nutracker after our final two shows this coming weekend. Where did the time go this season? It just zipped right by. I feel confident about performing having done the shows previously so many times already. I am still a little nervous for arabian because i have a new partner who has never done the part before. We have been doing ok in rehearsals this week, but stage nerves always get the best of you. I have faith that we will do ok. (fingers crossed)

Today after rehearsals is the dreaded evaluation. (dun dun dunnnnnnnnn) We have individual meetings with the director to talk about our progress in the season and what we need to work on for the spring. I never was nervous for these before because i don't mind getting things i can improve on, but i had a bad experience one year where i was left in tears. I know she was just trying to push me to be the best i can be as an artist, but it really hit home and left me questioning if i should continue. It was a very low point in my life. I'm very happy that i sucked it up and stuck with it. How could i give it up? Dance is my life. It choose me and i said yes. It becomes your life through and through.

I still have a bit of Christmas shopping left. After the shows, and after a glass (few) of spiced wine, i will finish that up. Can you believe Christmas is next week already??? I need a rewind button!

Happy Holidays to all of you! Be safe..and happy :)
~Sara~

No comments: