i'm dreading the upcoming year....'audition season'. I don't know how many i will do this year factoring in time and money, but im already researching and seeing what's out there. It's not that it's going to be a bad year, i am looking forward to change But there is always that fear of something new. Who knows, maybe i'll end up staying where i am and i will make the best out of any situation that i am given. I have done it in the past and have tried to remain as positive as i possibly could be. The bottom line is to dance. If i am able to dance and be on stage i am home no matter where i am. Dancing is my life and always will be. It's too much a part of who i am to just give up. No matter who tries to hold me back or tell me i'm not 'good enough'i will push forward. Who set those standards anyway? I have the heart and the will.
ps- this was a self motivating speech to myself.
here's to 2009.
i'm going to kick some ass.
in pointe shoes.
short term goals:
- watch more ballet videos (inspire inspire)
- see romeo and juliet the ballet in nyc
- own a betsey johnson dress (sorry, vanity)
- inspire at least one person i teach to pursue dance as a career
- audition some place that scares me
- audition with confidence and strength